GHEAR: Our Universities to 2030 - Forging collaborations and unlocking excellence for the generation born today
- 20 May 2013
- 11:00 – 16:00What time is this for me?
- Grand Hyatt Hotel, Washington D.C., USA
- Event contact
- Heather Lonsdale (email@example.com) The University of Sheffield
This event will bring together HE leaders, researchers, policy makers and students, with special guest speakers:
Jo Beall (British Council: Director of Education & Society)
Aims McGuinness (National Centre for Higher Education Management Systems: Boulder, Colorado)
Through keynote addresses, panel debates and a networking lunch participants will be invited to to imagine with WUN members and invited experts how the HE system will develop in the lifetime of a potential student born in 2013. What will change and what should change?
- What are the effects to come of drivers such as demographics, local capacity, funding regimes, mobile technologies and MOOCS?
- Where should national resources be allocated to support research excellence economic growth, and equity of access?
- How can the HE system support scientific, economic, and intellectual development in developing as well as developed nations?
The GHEAR is currently developing a programme of work to provide research digests, policy case-studies and thought pieces in these and other areas. The event will mark the launch of the WUN ‘Commissioned Reports on Globalisation in Higher Education and Research’ and provide further opportunity to shape and suggest ‘hot topics’ of interest to this expert audience.
The Grand Hyatt - Conference Theatre
1000 H Street NW
Washington, D.C., USA 20001
Registration from 11:00
Symposium closes at 16:00
This event is free of charge, but places are limited. Delegates are required to register in advance by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for registration is 30 April 2013.
When registering, please advise of any special dietary or access needs.
The official conference hotel is the Grand Hyatt Washington DC. A discounted rate of US$299 per night (excluding 14.5% tax) is available to conference delegates between the dates of 18-24 May.
To make a reservation, visit the dedicated WUN conference delegate reservation website or call +1 402 592 6464 and quote "WUN Conference". Reservations using the WUN delegate rate may be made and cancelled up to 23 April 2013.